Embodiment Consulting Resources
- Blake, Amanda. Your Body is Your Brain. Trokay, 2018.
- Haines, Steve. Trauma Is Really Strange. Singing Dragon, 2016.
- Owens, Tara. Embracing the Body: Finding God in Our Flesh and Bone. InterVarsity, 2015.*
- Thompson, Kurt. Anatomy of the Soul. Tyndale, 2010.*
For Further Exploration:
- DeLeon, Roy. Praying with the Body: Bringing the Psalms to Life. Paraclete, 2009.*
- Fogel, Alan. Body Sense: The Science and Practice of Embodied Self-Awareness. WW Norton, 2009/2013.
- Green, Ivy. Relaxation Awareness Resilience: Rosen Method Body Work Science and Practice. FastPencil 2016.
- Levine, Peter, Healing Trauma. Sounds True, 2005/2008.
- Palmer, Wendy and Janet Crawford. Leadership Embodiment: How the Way We Sit and Stand Can Change the Way We Think and Speak. The Embodiment Foundation, 2013.
- Mount Shoop, Marcia W. Let the Bones Dance: Embodiment and the Body of Christ. John Knox, 2010.*
- Peters, Liz. Own It. SRA Books, 2019.
- Russell, Tamara. Mindfulness in Motion. Watkins, 2015.
- Siegel, Daniel. Pocket Guide to Interpersonal Biology. WW Norton, 2012.
- Slosson Wuellner, Flora. Prayer and Our Bodies. Upper Room, 1987.*
- Vennard, Jane E. Praying with Body and Soul: A Way to Intimacy with God. Augsburg, 1998.*
*Explicitly Christian resource
Additional Resources- Video
“Body and Soul” by Tish Harrison Warren
Recording is of a presentation at The Apprentice Gathering at Friends University (Wichita, Kansas, 2022), in which awarding winning author Tish Harrison Warren explains the importance of embodiment for Christian formation and Christian living. (approx. 90 minutes)
Here at ECS, we are continually building and offering resources to make embodied Christian spirituality available and accessible to as many people as possible.
From recommended readings, eBooks, online classes, workshops, and retreats, to upcoming videos and other resources (coming in 2024), ECS exists to serve you and the church in learning how to understand our bodies as crucial resources for integration, formation, and transformation through the power of Jesus Christ.